Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Block #4 and My Distraction for Being a Day Late

I apologize for block #4 being a day late; I had a distraction these last couple of days. I had decided, months ago, that since there was so much fuss over The Twilight Series, that maybe I should read them and see what the fuss was about. A month ago, my Aunt gave me her copy of the first book. Unfortunately, as a very busy mom of 5 girls, it has sat on my counter this whole time.

Last week or so, I was browsing the newest patterns on Ravelry and saw a pattern for an iphone cozy. It had an open window on the front, so that you could still use your apps. In the pattern picture the iphone has its Amazon Kindle app open. That set the wheels in motion.

I do not own a Kindle or an iphone but I do have an ipod touch. I found the Amazon Kindle app in the apps store, happy that it was free because I knew I was going to be paying for the books. I downloaded the app and the first Twilight book. The app has been so much more convenient and I have been able to read through a book in about 2 days. I am now on book four.

Kindle on my ipod

So that’s my excuse for being behind on posting this block. Now on to the pattern!

Block 4

Ch 27

Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across.

Row 2: Ch 4, turn, skip 1st dc, *dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc* repeat across.

Row 3: Ch 3, turn *dc in chain 1 space, dc in dc, repeat from star.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 to desired size.

Block 4

No comments: