Thursday, December 17, 2009

Craft-A-Month in the New Year

A couple of weeks ago my Mother told me that we are going to do a craft a month starting in January 2010. When your mom tells you what to do, you don’t ask questions, you just do it. I’m kidding, I thought it sounded like a great idea.

I don’t get to see my mom all that much. She lives in a different town about 40-60 minutes away. That may not sound that far away to people that live in a big city where it takes you 40 minutes or longer to get anywhere but that’s a big drive for use small city dwellers! Plus she has an elderly mother with dementia that she has to care for so it makes it a bit difficult to pack up my grandma and bring her to my house.

I also do not get a lot of crafting time since I spend a better part of my day caring for my five girls. My three oldest are in school but that leaves my three and one year old at home and being much younger, they require a lot more supervision than my school aged children.

All these obstacles set aside, I’m sure that my Mother and I can spend one day a month doing some crafting. My Mother is in charge of finding our monthly craft and figuring out what supplies we need and I am in charge of providing the work space, coffee and mid-morning snack. We, together, will pool our supplies and of course, share.

We plan for most, if not all, the crafts to be low cost and/or recycling type projects. We hope to use things we already have or can find cheaply at dollar, thrift or similar stores. This is my kind of crafting, free or almost free!

I will be posting what project we will be doing a bit ahead of time so that if you would like to join us, you will be able to start gathering your supplies. After we have finished our pojects I will posting photos here. Sound like fun?? Great! Hope you can join us!

Thinking about joining us? Leave your comment or your link and let us know!


No comments: